SECTION ONE: Membership
The legislative body of the college shall be named the Student Senate of Northern Oklahoma College.
A. General membership
1. There shall be five (5) senators to represent the classes: three (3) freshmen and two (2) sophomores.
2. Each residence hall shall elect one senator.
3. There shall be four (4) non-resident senators to represent the commuters.
B. Officers of Student Senate
The six (6) elected offi cers of the Student Senate shall be president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer, reporter and parliamentarian.
C. Eligibility for Membership
1. To be eligible for election, the presidential candidates shall have attended Northern for one semester, have a cumulative grade-point average of 2.50, be enrolled in at least twelve (12) hours and be in good conduct standing with the college.
2. Each member must have a cumulative grade-point average of 2.00, be enrolled in at least twelve (12) hours and be in good conduct standing with the college.
D. Term of office
1. All members of the Student Senate shall be elected for a period of one (1) school year.
2. The regular term of office shall begin at the start of the school year.
1. Vacancies among senators must be filled within thirty (30) days by presidential appointment with approval of the Student Senate.
2. Vacancy in the office of Student Senate president shall be filled by the Student Senate vice-president.
3. Other vacancies in the office of the Student Senate shall be filled by election held within the Student Senate.
4. The presidents of the Student Senate and the Student Body shall not hold any other executive office on campus.